Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Please visit the Announcements forum and read the updated Forum Rules.
  HomeHelpSearchMember MapLoginRegister ASSRA HomePage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stevens Favorite  Blueprints (Read 1990 times)
JBBOOKS
Full Forum Member

Stevens Favorite  Blueprints
Mar 29th, 2007 at 7:58pm

Anyone know where I can find blueprints for org. Favorite action parts? Mainly triger and hammer.                         Thank You

IP Logged

harry_eales
Frequent Elocutionist

Aw heck, vegetable stew,
AGAIN.

County Durham, Great Britain
Re: Stevens Favorite  Blueprints
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 12:46am

JBBOOKS wrote on Mar 29th, 2007 at 7:58pm:
Anyone know where I can find blueprints for org. Favorite action parts? Mainly triger and hammer.                         Thank You

Hello JBBOOKS,

I'm not aware of any plans being available. I can only suggest that you find someone with a Favourite action (rifle) and borrow the parts you need. It's not too difficult to copy the outline onto a steel plate of the correct thickness if you first coat it with engineers 'lay out blue'. When this is dry, clamp the borrowed parts on the blued surface and carefully scribe around them, not forgetting to mark out any holes that require drilling.

Cutting them out and filing to shape is the hard part unless you have a friendly engineer in your neighbourhood, who can do that for you. The parts when finished, will need heat treatment or case hardening depending on what steel you have used.

Sorry it's all I can come up with unless you can find someone who has spare parts to sell.

Harry

IP Logged

John Taylor
Oldtimer

Puyallup, WA, Washington, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 10:33am

hope this helps

stevens_favorit.jpg (57 KB | 127 )
stevens_favorit.jpg

John Taylor   Machinist/gunsmith
IP Logged

DoubleD
Oldtimer

Cut Bank, Montana, USA
Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 2:02pm

I'll bet factory blueprints never existed...bet the guns were all made from jigs and fixtures for which blue prints never existed. that haw the did back then...could be wrong but feel good about sticking my neck out on this one!

Douglas, Ret.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print