Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  By continuing to use the forum you are agreeing to the updated Forum Rules. If you do not agree with the updated Forum Rules you may close your account.
  HomeHelpSearchMember MapLoginRegister ASSRA HomePage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lyman Ideal Sharps 38-55 (Read 2810 times)
Rifle 57
Junior Forum Member

greeley, Colorado, USA
Lyman Ideal Sharps 38-55
Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:36am

Hellow to all new member here.I have two Shiloh 1874`s one in 45-70 and one 45-90 and a Winchester high wall 405 win. I am thinking I might get a Lyman Ideal sharps in 38-55,and was wondering if anybody has one or has seen one in person.I would like to know how the fit and finish is and mabe how they handle and shoot.I have been looking at this site for a while now and I seems to be a really good place to learn more on shooting single shot rifles.Thanks for letting me join up.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"

Lynchburg, VA, Virginia, USA
Re: Lyman Ideal Sharps 38-55
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 1:43pm

They had one last Spring at the Charlotte NRA Meeting.  It was obviously a special for the event, but looked very nice to me.  FWIW, YMMV, etc!  Roll Eyes

Froggie

IP Logged

singleshotsam
Full Forum Member

Silver City NM, New Mexico, USA
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 8:04pm

I saw several of the Lyman little Sharps at the Shot Show. They are to me typical Italian quality. I have Shiloh, Axtell and the Little Sharps made in Montana, the Lyman does not compare to any of them, but then again the price is less than any of the above also. They are a cute little rifle and will probably sell well. If they shoot well, that would be a deciding factor for me, Maybe one of our members has actually fired one at targets and can give us some more insight.

SSS

IP Logged

Rifle 57
Junior Forum Member

greeley, Colorado, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 9:49pm

Thanks for the replys! I guess I might have to try one and see how they are. I am like you guys I would like to hear from somebody that has shot one. Atleast I can get one at dealer price, that will help a little.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print