Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  By continuing to use the forum you are agreeing to the updated Forum Rules. If you do not agree with the updated Forum Rules you may close your account.
  HomeHelpSearchMember MapLoginRegister ASSRA HomePage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ruger No. 1 Stainless Varmint (Read 1483 times)
wam

Ruger No. 1 Stainless Varmint
Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:03pm

I need some help.  I recently purchased a new No. 1 Varmint in stainless steel (which I was told by Ruger has been discontinued from their product line).  As usual the factory bases and mounts put the scope too far forward for comfortable shooting.  I am looking for a solution.  I need either a new set of bases that will give me about another inch of eye relief or a set of rings that will do the same.  As you well know, the factory Ruger offset rings do not give enough help in the eye relief dept.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

38_Cal
Frequent Elocutionist

Montezuma, Iowa, USA
Re: Ruger No. 1 Stainless Varmint
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:48pm

Welcome to the insanity, wam.  Frank Zika, Moulds, Ltd., makes Weaver compatible scope bases for the Ruger No. 1 rifles that move the scope back about 2" or so.  Contact him at 708-354-7434 during business hours and feel free to use my name.

David Kaiser

David Kaiser
Montezuma, IA

IP Logged

screwloosetc
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:50pm

WAM
Welcome. My solution to the scope reliefe problem with the ruger was to shorten the stock. It brings the eye closer to the scope.
again welcome
Tom

IP Logged

wam

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 10:13pm

Thanks for the help.  I'll give Frank a call and see if he has something that will work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print