Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  By continuing to use the forum you are agreeing to the updated Forum Rules. If you do not agree with the updated Forum Rules you may close your account.
  HomeHelpSearchMember MapLoginRegister ASSRA HomePage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"homemade" single shot (Read 2684 times)
arrowstone

"homemade" single shot
Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:26pm

this pistol is apparently homemade. i remain skeptical about that, but it is always possible. go to http://firearmplans.weebly.com to view some odd and interesting guns. i am currently working on a semiauto pistol design but would love to begin adding single shot pistols and rifles to my collections of designs. message me or leave a comment of a single shot firearm that you think would fit nicely on my site or if you would just like to make a suggestion for a change on my site. thank you!!
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 6:29pm by arrowstone »  

15.jpg (21 KB | 184 )
15.jpg

IP Logged

harry_eales
Frequent Elocutionist

Aw heck, vegetable stew,
AGAIN.

County Durham, Great Britain
Re: "homemade" single shot
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:47am

SPAM ALERT.

Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow shooting enthusiasts. This new member has two posts. The first yesterday, introducing himself, and stating his interest in home made firearms and design thereof. The second today advertising his own website. There is not much on it yet, as it is obviously very new.

It does contain however, a form for subscribing to a newsletter that, as yet, appears to be a non-existant weekly newsletter.

I have advised the moderators of my suspicions. If this gentleman is genuine then I apologise unreservedly. His future posts will be a guide to this. In the meantime 'Caveat emptor'.

Harry

IP Logged

MerwinBray
Oldtimer

Aw Gees

Kansas City, KS, Kansas, USA
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 6:11pm

hmmmmm......entrapment!

ASSRA&&N-SSA&&NRA

IP Logged

MerwinBray
Oldtimer

Aw Gees

Kansas City, KS, Kansas, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 6:18pm

Arrowstone,

I, too, apologize if I am wrong. But whenever I see a site showing how to build a fully automatic weapon I get a little hinky. Single shots, ok. but machine guns.........slippery slope my friend. sure to get you on "a list". or create one.

ASSRA&&N-SSA&&NRA

IP Logged

trapdoor Dick
Oldtimer

Newark, Delaware, USA
Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:34pm

may be he could call it a "self loading" single shot. Whatcha think? Roll Eyes

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb. - Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Doug Elliott
Junior Forum Member

1801 Highway 128, Philo, CA  9, California, USA
Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:07pm

I had one sorta like that as a kid (my Mom bought it for me at the local hardware store).  It was a Stevens "Diamond" model in .22 LR with a 6" barrel and a broken latch replaced with a bent-up "bobby pin".  It wasn't actually a semi-auto, but the latch would release itself  after the shot, drop the barrel, and eject the case neatly onto my wrist, ready to load the next cartridge.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print