Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Please visit the Announcements forum and read the updated Forum Rules.
  HomeHelpSearchMember MapLoginRegister ASSRA HomePage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Real TexasMac (Read 703 times)
texasmac
Oldtimer

Central Texas, Texas, USA
The Real TexasMac
Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:10pm

Hey guys,

Recently I found out thereís another TexasMac (actually Texas Mac) thatís apparently well know in the SASS circles.  I understand that heís used the ďhandleĒ of Texas Mac for many years.  I was not aware of him until now and as far as I know thereís been no conflict and no confusion until recently since he apparently is not a BPCR shooter, or at least not a silhouette shooter.  In case some of you guys that are SASS members run into him, heís not me.  His existence came to light when I was contacted by a SASS member that assumed I was the SASS Texas Mac.  Some confusion also resulted when a shooting friend of mine spotted his handle on a list of shooters at a recent regional SASS match in Texas and assumed it was me.

Iíve been using the TexasMac handle since late 1996 when I joined the old Shooter.com forum.  Since then thereís been a lot of water under the bridge.  Iím a member and participate in several BPCR forums; at least all the ones Iím aware of plus a few other shooting forums.  Iíve purchased and sold well over 100 Browning and Winchester BPCR and authored a book on the rifles which is published by TexasMac Publishing (guess whoís the owner).  I created and continue to update a website (www.texas-mac.com), which was setup to help sell my book, but also contains many articles Iíve written on BPCR related subjects, and I compete in local monthly NRA silhouette matches.  So Iím not about to change my TexasMac handle.  No doubt the SASS Texas Mac shares the same sentiments and affection for his handle.

Based on the shooting interests of SASS members and the SASS Texas Mac, thereís a chance that you may cross his path.  In case you do I wanted you to be aware of his existence.

Wayne
The real TexasMac Wink

IP Logged

ssdave
Oldtimer

Re: The Real TexasMac
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 11:43am

Wayne,

Your post and mention of the old shooters board reminds me of the ROY/REALROY conflict there....  It wasn't nearly as friendly a disagreement as yours!

RealRoy lives somewhat near me, haven't seen or heard from him in quite a while.

dave

IP Logged

texasmac
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 1:29pm

Dave, I always thought Roy and RealRoy was one in the same.  Just for the fun of remembering, following is a list of the Shooter.com handles.  Many of the guys are still using the same handles and some have changed while others are no longer active on the shooting forums.

Wayne
=====================
"Will"
3sharps
40-82
4570Caster
60yold
75 Sharps
aaar1
AdobeWalls
AKA -Slim
Argo
arnie 19
Backwoods
Banjo Andy
beltfed
bitterrooter
BPWSCH
brasshat
brushfire
Bull Schmitt
bump
Captain Midnight
captainrichie
Chief Ski
Cimarron Red
colt engraver
DaveN
Dawgs
dec
Derby4570
digital weasel
Dipwad
Dirty Kurty
docgary
dscak
dutch
El Kabong
elguapo2030@aol.com
Elliott Marston
farmcat
FITZ
flintksi
FLP
flyshooter
gramps
gunnyrs
gussy
hancock
Helena Handbasket
horsefly
Howitzer
hpguy420
Humboldt
ideal44
iowa
irishhills
jimofatl
jkpatchman
jm.40
John-Boy
KatieCramer
Kelley O.
Ken41
Kenny Wasserburger
kight
krems
Learnin
Longrider
Longshot4065
maca
Mad Mexican
Marsh
mdmick
MikeK
MikeT
Minnesota AL
ms
Mscales
mygila (aka - My Magnum)
Nailcreek1
Nick at night
NJMJ
okiesheriff
olreliable
Ornery4x4
Paul39
Pill Roller
plumloco
Poison Slinger
Quigglywanna-be
RANGER RICK
redleg
ribwalker
rk4570
Rock Creek
Roy* (aka - Real Roy)
RussB
sackett
schmidtzen
ScouT
segway
sgian
Snippyboy
squirepickett
StinkyDog
stumpjumper
Tailhook
TexasMac
The Brit
The Montanan
Thebear
trapdoor84
treeblood1
tryit
TSK-Mn
TURK
twohands
waksupi
Walt -MT
WCY
wills
wolfy
Wyatt Cody
xxgrampa

IP Logged

singleshot
Senior Forum Member

I love singleshots!

Fort Mill, SC, South Carolina, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 11:12pm

Well, I was singleshot there also, ands there was also a Singleshot, iirc!

Willis Gregory, aka singleshot

IP Logged

texasmac
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2013 at 11:31pm

I should have mentioned that the list is not all inclusive. It's a list I put together shortly after joining Shooters.com in an attempt to get to know and remember some of the most active members at the time, especially those that provided more than just their handles. There are many guys & gals not included.

Wayne

IP Logged

33jayman
Junior Forum Member

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 8:19pm

T.mac,

I saw reference to the other guy as I am a SASS shooter too. There was an article in the Cowboy Chronicle about him.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Jay aka Ketchum Quick

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"

Lynchburg, VA, Virginia, USA
Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 9:37pm

TexasMac,

I'm really disappointed you didn't notice me on the old Shooters.com board.  I was the one who asked for a specific forum for Schuetzen and got it as my Christmas wish that year.  At least that's what the moderators told me... and that's the story I'm sticking to!  Wink

BTW, thanks for all the great input you have provided both then and now.  You have been most generous in helping many of us with good information and tips, probably more than you know.

Regards,
Green Frog

IP Logged

texasmac
Oldtimer

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 10:37pm

Froggy,

I just checked my Shooters.com list of handles and I finally realized the origin of the list.  When it was clear that Shooters was going away you may remember that Digital Weasel (Ingrid) started a contact information list for those interested in joining a new Microsoft Network (MSN) BPCR forum which she did setup and moderate for a couple of years.  My list is essentially her list, so there are hundreds of Shooters.com members not included because they apparently were not interested in providing their contact info at the time. 

BTW, although CRS has set in big time, I definitely remember you and your handle.  I doubt I contributed much during the mid to late 90's as I was just getting into BPCR at the time and the great bunch of guys on Shooters were an excellent resource.

Wayne

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print