Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Please ban the topic of POLITICS (Read 8732 times)
rfd

Re: Please ban the topic of POLITICS
Reply #15 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
as a host admin of a very large and very active public forum, i expect members to treat everyone with the same respect and courtesy they would expect from others, no matter how difficult that may be. no flaming, hate, politics, religion, sex, sports or drug discussions allowed, ever.  and, topics and posts must be kept within the intent and objective(s) of the forum. 

all non-admin members of a free, public forum, are guests of the site's host(s), and must agree to these (and other) terms when they register. 

anything NOT to do within the direct focus of the forum's prime intent (as defined by the site host(s) during a member's registration) is at the discretion of the site host(s) and should either not be allowed anywhere, or only allowed in one specific forum. 

if there is a specific off-topic forum, moderation of that forum should also be at the discretion of the site host(s), not the membership - they're guests, they don't run the ship.

NRA Life Member ~ NRA RSO ~ (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Frankford

Reply #16 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
I agree with Bullshot, if political issues are gun related, we really need to stay vigilant.
Maybe keep political discussions focused on firearms ?

Frankford

IP Logged

don1885
Senior Forum Member

Reply #17 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
I see no reason to ban political discussion in "Off Topic chatter" especially that related to the second amendment.

The simple solution to this situation as I see it is in the searching for previous posts - give the searcher the option of a search eliminating any posts from the Off Topic Chatter topic or any other topic of no interest.

Can that not be done?

Or should just let the negative instigator/instigators of unrest burn this forum to the ground.

Disappointed member! I am here for Single Shot rifle discussion and related information.

Don
ASSRA #10637

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
If I should log in tomorrow to find that both my own ALONG WITH Grisen's Political Posts had magically disappeared from the Off-Topic Chatter section, I would be surprised... and pleasantly pleased as well.     Smiley

2nd Amendment news and alerts to upcoming firearms legislation should be posted as it becomes available.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2017 at 10:28pm by BP »  

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
There are posters who never post anything about Single Shot Rifles, only political post.

I ignore anything they say, same way I handle face to face political agitators, my point of view included.  Easier on the forum than in person. I have friends that vote the way I do, still ignore political rants they make.

Boats

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Happiness is a warm gun.
J.Lennon

Reply #20 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Perhaps a sub forum of "Off Topic" called "Politics" for members that need their safe place.
Aaron

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
ssdave wrote on Dec 23rd, 2013 at 12:10am:
I couldn't agree more.  When I read some of the comments, I'm ashamed to have some of those opinions representing to the world what we, the ASSRA, are about. 

Reading the political threads, you can see where the term "gun nuts" came into use in the media!

dave

Amen, Dave. Well said.

Glenn

IP Logged

AZshot
Junior Forum Member

Reply #22 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Politics can encroach in every aspect of our lives, if we let it.  I've always followed the old rule "don't discuss politics or religion at work" which makes work more pleasant for everyone.  In clubs, which this is, I also may say a few views once in a while, but try to keep on topic. The hard part is when someone asserts something I don't agree with.   So of course I want to argue. It's a bait, to start up another unending argument about XYZ president, congressman, city, party, etc.

One problem as a new member of this forum is there isn't an easy way to see new gun related posts.  I eventually discovered the "show last 5, 10, 20, or 25 posts" button.  But was frustrated that even if I do it every day or two, the ONLY posts that show up are usually political debate or rants.  Which I ignore (see first para).  So I have to either avoid this forum, or tediously enter each sub forum and see if something new is there. 

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #23 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
I never use any last/new post buttons. I can see whats new. Why can't you?

Joe.

IP Logged

jfeldman
Oldtimer

Reply #24 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
AZShot - if you don't log in at the beginning, the new posts are not marked.  If you do log in, they will be.  Hope this helps............Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint