Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Kapok (Read 2650 times)
hst
Oldtimer

Kapok
Mar 21st, 2006 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Gentlemens:

I have heard folks lamenting a source of Kapok for filler. It is believed to be safer than dacron in regards to chamber ringing. (If you happen to be one of those misguided souls who are foolish enough to believe that chamber ringing actually exist)  Roll Eyes

In any event, I stumbled upon what appears to be the mother load of Kapok:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I don't know anything about the company, the link was on a Martini board.

Glenn

IP Logged

MIKE-T
Oldtimer

[SHOOTCAST>

Re: Kapok
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Glenn, found this site selling Kapok a while ago and then promptly lost the web address, after some searching found it hidden with the bullet lube making favorites. Price appears to be a little higher for 10lbs but you can buy in smaller quantities Grin

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Mike
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2006 at 11:08pm by MIKE-T »  

IP Logged

DoubleD
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
The link came from my Martin link list at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I didn't have the Buckwheat one on my list.  It has been added and will apear on the next update probably in June or July.

Another good source for kapok is Ebay. Smaller quantities and a little  more expensive.

Douglas, Ret.

IP Logged

B1acksmith
Junior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 10:17am
Print Post  
I bought 10lbs from atrim and split with one of the Martini Board members. Great stuff and good company.  Just realize that shipping is going to cost over half what the Kapok cost because of the oversize box that it is shipped in. $35.00 for 10 lb of kapok shipped to Maryland cost $19.00 shipping. Of course you only have to buy it once in your life. I will be putting it in my will to pass on the remainder to my heirs.

IP Logged

notlwonk

Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2007 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Another source of kapok is life vests and boat cushions. I recently dismantled an old  cushion and burned 3 or so 'tubes' of the stuff. These tubes were app. 4" in diameter and 12+ in length. I still had 1 1/2 tubes left when I read the post. Didn't know it was so valuable! Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint