Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Help Difficulty getting onto this site! (Read 3594 times)
zeke

Help Difficulty getting onto this site!
Oct 4th, 2010 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
     Hi Gang:

I have a difficult time getting on this site.  I have been told that there may be a program blocking the words ass and rifle.  If this is true, how can I check to see if indeed there is a program that is programmed to prevent me from accessing this site. Angry

Are there any computer experts out there who can help me solve this problem?

T.I.A.,

Zeke

IP Logged

QuestionableMaynard8130
ASSRA Board Member

Re: Help Difficulty getting onto this site!
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
no computer expert, and don't pretend to be one.  BUT if you are accessing through a computer at work or in a public library or educational institution they may have blocks in place.  Some companies who allow personal use of company computers and internet have some pretty tough filters and blocks, as do public libraries and school systems.

If you are using a home computer there can be parentally installed blocks to keep kids out of violent or sexually oriented sites that might be interfering.   Don't laugh.  I know someone who installed "parental blocks" to protect their kids and would up limiting their own internet access.  the kids of course, probably figured out how to beat the blocks in very short order.

I doubt that there is anything other than that that could be blocking your access.  I doubt any of the major internet service/web browser service have blocks that would keep you out.

After all you did get in at least this time

sacred cows make the best burger

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 3:13am
Print Post  
zeke,

You're not the only one having intermittent problems logging on to the forum. I tried to access the site just after 9 pm pacific, and no joy until just before midnight.

Maybe comcast and microsoft are having problems. At first I thought comcast might be doing maintenance, but after failing to get here, I tried a few other web addresses - ebay was one - and got right in. Then I logged into google and did a search for the ASSRA and the google search engine returned 0 results.

The gremlins must have gotten loose again.  Wink

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

32 ballard xl

Stand on your hind legs,
and shoot like a man.

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2011 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
I've had those experiences also.  Combined with the site's inability to remember who I am, from time to time, it can be very frustrating.  Cry

Ballards are best!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint