Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Board for Beginners, new to SS? (Read 2045 times)
Salvo
Junior Forum Member

Board for Beginners, new to SS?
Oct 6th, 2014 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Wondering if a board for new guys would be worth pursuing.

I'm new to SS rifles, and hesitate to ask newbee questions on the regular boards, which most often have topics and discussions among folks who are already familiar with SS rifles, and assume a certain level of experience or knowledge that I just do not possess.

Just a thought, a place for new guys to ask questions and discuss SS rifles without cluttering up the regular boards, or feeling intrusive. Gotta have new guys to keep the sport alive, would be my thought.

Imagine how the sticky posts would accumulate there!

IP Logged

harry_eales
Frequent Elocutionist

Aw heck, vegetable stew,
AGAIN.

Re: Board for Beginners, new to SS?
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Salvo,

Welcome to the ASSRA Forum, you don't have to be any sort of expert to join up, everyone has to start somewhere. Folks on the Forum have a wealth of knowledge gained over many years or decades, but, at one time they were newbies themselves. No one will fail to reply to any of your future posts if they are able to help you with any question you have, we all have to start at the beginning at some time. People are really friendly here, with no back biting or flaming permitted by the Moderators.  Cool

If you have a question on any subject connected with single shot rifles, just ask away, don't be embarrassed, we were all in your position at one time. Roll Eyes

This site is a wealth of information if you care to peruse it carefully. No one knows everything about single shot rifles, loads, gunsmithing etc., but most know something that may help you, just take a deep breath and dive in. Smiley

Harry

IP Logged

ron
Senior Forum Member

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2014 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
I agree with harry. There is never a stupid question, there is always help on here.

ron  Smiley

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2014 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Just a couple of months ago I made my first post. I have been well treated and roundly educated -- an excellent experience!!

I would advise newbies to mine the huge number of threads. There is lots and lots of good information there, very likely including multiple answers to many of your questions, both the ones you knew you had and as well as many that you did not.

I started posting when I got my latest old rifle and found that it had some puzzling features. I am still on the steep part of learning curve and enjoying the free flow of timely information.

May other ASSRA newbies also have such good experiences!
Grisen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint