Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Scores 1800's (Read 2203 times)
bnice
Oldtimer

Re: Scores 1800's
Reply #30 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
YEP HEAD SHOT BUT THEY STILL STINK!

IP Logged

desert-dude
Senior Forum Member

Reply #31 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Indeed! Shotgun seems to work very well. However, in general I use the .22.
Had to shoot one that had wandered into the basement during the night.
Rather dicey.

Mercaptans are interesting beasties. Level makes a difference. At very low levels
they contribute to flavor in beer, coffee, etc. At high levels they are best kept across
the river and downwind.

IP Logged

J Louis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - Aug 19th, 2017 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Bev did indeed shot very well at the CBA Regional event Frank just attended. Surprised there were not many attending the plainbase class for it to be a little more competitive but it must just be a sign of the times I would guess unfortunatly. Emerald Empire used to get a good turn out just for their monthly matches and at one time had some of the best in that class and a few still hold current National records.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

JLouis

IP Logged

Wapiti

Reply #33 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
The late Neal Rice was very curious about the Standard American Target vs. the ISSA standard and years ago made an overlay to compare scores.
Using the results of a 100 shot offhand match he scored the top four shooters results (above 2100).
Shooter 1-2240 ISSA, 871 American, 3 targets in the 90's-98,91,90.
Shooter 2- 2130 ISSA, 824 American, highs-88,86,85.
Shooter 3- 2126 ISSA, 814 American, highs-95,88,83.
Shooter 4- 2100 ISSA, 808 American, highs-91,85,82.

I think that in the Schuetzen circles Jim Feren and Earl Hines will stand among the GREAT ALL-TIME SHOOTERS! Smiley

IP Logged

Gard72977
Junior Forum Member

Reply #34 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:19am
Print Post  
I have enjoyed reading this thread. Im new to this board and have an outsider view of whats going on in competitive shooting.

I would love to have a Schuetzen rifle and I will buy one. Earlier this year i was in the market for one. I ended up spending my money for guns and equipment that I can compete with local.

Offhand is now almost obsolete in my area. With all the matches for Precision Rifle, 2 gun, 3 gun, and pistol caliber carbine in USPSA. I am the only one in my circle that cares anything for offhand shooting. Everyone wants to compete in action shooting sports.

I could not justify 4k+ for a gun that I could not compete with. I ended up buying a high end scope for 2 gun and a Anschutz 1712 setup for small bore sillhouete. I chose to compete in sillhouette because it is an offhand sport.

Im in Mississippi. We just dont have intrest in our clubs for offhand competition. Its a catch 22. No matches so no reason.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #35 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Gard72977, I believe that is why the automobile was invented.   Cry  While we have them locally, the majority of the burden falls on a certain individual.   We have a history of these matches,  but interest is waning. If you schedule a match, you will probably draw a few like minded shooters from the surrounding areas.  Most seriously interested shooters will lend a hand making the match run smoothly.    Good luck.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

bnice
Oldtimer

Reply #36 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 8:54am
Print Post  
I'm so glad our monthly scheduled main matches are holding to tradition and are offhand. We usually have 20-30 shooters. Yes you see people drop off but a few new come along. I think some have just placed so much focus on bench that it's swayed the direction. If you look at this forum over the last few years 95% of what you see is about bench. Like they say if it was easy everybody would be doing it. Jmo

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #37 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Between my club Cavalier R&P and the Fairfax gun club we have 4 offhand single shot matches a month. Two Rimfire Two CF.  At Cavalier firing line capacity RF is 32 CF 36. We have filled the line at times and rarely have less than 25 shooters.  It's not Schuetzen as defined by ASSRA. Squaded matches shoulder to shoulder no re-entry's.  9 am sight in match over by noon most of the time. Rain or shine cold or hot 12 months a year. Regular schudle fairly short time is a big advantage turn out .

Wide range of ages plenty of old guys like me.  If you can handle the grocery store you can shoot offhand rifles. NRA Lever Silhouette lot of older shooters too.  I shot a Shotgun Sporting Clays Tournement Sunday with SXS guns.  Youngest in my squad, I will be 70 next week. Some of the best shots are over 65. 100 shot 15 station tournement that takes a lot of walking, some do use carts.

Almost anybody that wants to shoot standing can.

Boats.

IP Logged

bnice
Oldtimer

Reply #38 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Great to hear Boats! Plenty of Highpower shooters out there to be converted. Plus Silhoette myself I would much rather shoot offhand then positions anymore.

IP Logged

Gard72977
Junior Forum Member

Reply #39 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
I think there is still a lot of talanted shooters. There are so many shooting sports that compete for participation. Tactical is trendy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint