Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Cody Ballard 3F Gallery Rifle (Read 1267 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Cody Ballard 3F Gallery Rifle
Reply #15 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Flatlander wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Somebody in the know should pen an article on the Cody Ballard. It would make a great article for the magazine.
Just sayin............

Flatlander

John Dutcher did a pretty good job of covering the Cody Ballard company in his book. I think an article on the history, and details of the company's business to the end would indeed be good reading! Somebody should contact Steve Garbe and see if he'd cooperate in helping to get it correct!
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:07pm by marlinguy »  

Vall
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
marlinguy wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 1:01pm:
jhm wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 12:10pm:
Taking nothing away from the quality of their product but I think they priced themselves out of business.......(My opinion)

JMH

Well I agree the prices were extremely high at the end. But there was much more than pricing involved in the failure after they sold in 2008. The Michigan company seemed to have a strange method of conducting business.

Indeed. My understanding is that the owner back in MI was not the owner while in WY. If they still made them I would likely purchase one.

Glenn

IP Logged

40-82Hepburn
Oldtimer

Reply #17 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
I recall looking at the #3 and #F Gallery rifles on the Ballard Arms site, just before the company stopped doing business. The base price for the #3 was $3800, pretty pricey for an absolutely plain jane single trigger rifle. With fancier wood , checkering, and better sights, I would expect the price would have been in the high $4000's.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #18 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
40-82Hepburn wrote on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:25pm:
I recall looking at the #3 and #F Gallery rifles on the Ballard Arms site, just before the company stopped doing business. The base price for the #3 was $3800, pretty pricey for an absolutely plain jane single trigger rifle. With fancier wood , checkering, and better sights, I would expect the price would have been in the high $4000's.

The price tag on my .22LR Schoyen model was $4600 in 2004. The last price I saw on the same gun before they closed their doors was around $6700.
Those are pretty spendy guns, but try to find an original in similar condition and see what they sell for.

Vall
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint