Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Howard Cosell (Read 320 times)
Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Happiness is a warm gun.
J.Lennon

Howard Cosell
Sep 8th, 2017 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Howard looks into the future.
"Folks, you'll never believe this...

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

IP Logged

Spacestuff4me

Re: Howard Cosell
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:45am
Print Post  
OMG, that's hysterical.  Who thought Howard was the only normal one in the group.

My dad was friends with OJ, never thought he was capable of slicing and dicing his wife.  A few of my buddies investigated the murder of Nicole and Ron,  no doubt OJ did it but the special ed team of Marcia Clark and Darden completely F'd up the trial.  I was in a sushi bar on Wilshire 6 months after OJ was freed, he walks in with a smokin hot blond, I stand up and yelled "HEY KILLER" and draw my thumb across my neck.  Everyone in the place was laughing, he turned and walked out.

My mom lives next door to the Kardashians, what a freakshow.   Everyone falls all over themselves when the whores are around but to me it's like living next to a brothel, circus and psychiatric hospital rolled into one.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Spacestuff4me wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:45am:
OMG, that's hysterical.  Who thought Howard was the only normal one in the group.

My dad was friends with OJ, never thought he was capable of slicing and dicing his wife.  A few of my buddies investigated the murder of Nicole and Ron,  no doubt OJ did it but the special ed team of Marcia Clark and Darden completely F'd up the trial.  I was in a sushi bar on Wilshire 6 months after OJ was freed, he walks in with a smokin hot blond, I stand up and yelled "HEY KILLER" and draw my thumb across my neck.  Everyone in the place was laughing, he turned and walked out.

My mom lives next door to the Kardashians, what a freakshow.   Everyone falls all over themselves when the whores are around but to me it's like living next to a brothel, circus and psychiatric hospital rolled into one.

So what brings you to planet Earth, Tall Dark Space Cadet Stranger?

Joe.

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 11:04am
Print Post  
My favorite Howard Cosell story.   Well, to be honest, it's my only Howard Cosell story:

A country roadhouse down south initiated a new tradition when ol' Howard became a fixture on Monday Night Football.

Mid week they'd run a raffle.  The money went to buy a old TV set.  Had to be working, but no more than that.

Come Monday that TV would be set up on one end of the bar.   Winner of the raffle would sit at the other end.

When Howard's face first appeared, the raffle winner would pick up his shotgun and put a full charge of #6 shot through the picture tube.

Good 'ol boys never did much cotton to ol' Howard.  Nope.  Never did.

Jack of All Trades - Retired

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Not a Cosell fan in general, but I am a big Muhammed Ali fan, and the exchanges between Ali and Cosell were the source of much amusement for me as a young fella! Nobody could zing Cosell like Ali, or throw him off his monotone drivel like Ali!

Vall
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint