Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Big Tulsa Show (Read 2516 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Big Tulsa Show
Reply #15 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Pretty sure Russ will be there. He told me he was going.

Vall
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

GT

Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
One week to go, booked a flight so looks like I'm committed, hope to meet a few forum members.
G

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues." - Abraham Lincoln

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
I see Tulsa and the Big Reno show somehow got scheduled the exact same weekend this fall!! Wow! That's going to create some conflicts, as I know many who attend both, and usually leave Tulsa and drive straight to Reno for Fascio's show.
And to make matters even worse. I just heard that the Grande Sierra will not allow anyone who doesn't have tables in the show to bring firearms into the building!!! That means the public gun check line that's usually a block long will not exist at all! Vendors will not be seeing any guns stroll by to purchase with none coming in the doors!
Between the Tulsa Show and this new rule, it may be a dismal turnout at the Reno Show!

Vall

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Vall,  Those hotels are probably getting more sensitive about who brings guns into their buildings.  Wonder when they will start scanning suitcases to stop terrorists?

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,

Reply #19 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 5:30pm:
Vall,† Those hotels are probably getting more sensitive about who brings guns into their buildings.† Wonder when they will start scanning suitcases to stop terrorists?

I would guess this is surely in reaction to the Las Vegas shooting recently. But seems a knee jerk reaction. Entry to the show was not really through the hotel, but through the back lower level entry. Although one could travel through the hotel, I never even considered it, as walking through a lobby with rifle, or case seemed odd to me.
Fact is they could easily have set up the gun check area closer to the outside doors on the lower level and avoided any issues. They just took the easier way out and banned the public from bringing in guns to sell. probably had a lawyer's advice to tell them what to do.

Vall

IP Logged

J Louis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Quite sad to hear the law abiding will get screwed yet once again! One would think they would be paying more attention to the Mosques in this Country that are daily turning out well known terrorists on the watch list and they now have more rights now than use! Religious freedom in my book only goes so far and this great Nation of ours was not established on Islamic beliefs in any stretch of one's imagination. Our for fathers are probably rolling over in their graves to witness what this Nation has since become in total disbelief.

IP Logged

J Louis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Every terrorist act within this Country has been by someone on the DOJ's watch list and they the DOJ could have saved mutiple precious and innocent lives. Enough is enough in protecting their rights while we continue to loose our very dear loved ones along with our freedom's that have been bought and died for and not for their sake but ours.

IP Logged

moodyholler
Senior Forum Member

Reply #22 - Nov 11th, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
So having great time with Rodnie! Saw GT, Peterson 2520, and one other fellow I canít recall. Will be in same spot in spring if all goes well. moodyholler

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

moodyholler
Senior Forum Member

Reply #23 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Tulsa is all over and I am headed East. Rodnie cleaned me out. Lots of new projects to work on. Reserved tables for April of 2018. Still on row 18 lower level but on end cap in section A. Hope to see everyone in the Spring! moodyholler

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

jfeldman
Oldtimer

Reply #24 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Back home now after Tulsa and had a great time again.  Great to meet Rodney and James as well as Chuck from Wyoming. Got to visit with Tony downstairs and with Al Storie, whom I hadn't seen since he left El Cajon for Silver City.  Wore out a pair of shoes and an old beat up Ballard followed me home!

Regards, Joe

IP Logged

gewehrfreund

Reply #25 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Dang! I didn't realize all you fellows were there.
I was helping a friend with his 4 tables on the lower level against the west wall right next to the last Ruger display. We had the largest number of Ruger single shots at the show.

I'm sure I looked at a lot of your tables and probably spoke to a few of you.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Better start wearing ASSRA t-shirts, caps and banners  Roll Eyes

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

GT

Reply #27 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 3:59pm:
Better start wearing ASSRA t-shirts, caps and banners† Roll Eyes

Now that's an idea, Wink I met five members for the first time at this show, fantastic all of them!  The conversations, the ribbing and jousting, the sharing of thoughts and ideas, future plans, the buying support Grin...  I had another member mention before this all started that nobody had made any attempt to set up a meet and greet,  maybe next time?!   
So the next potential one on my calendar is Vegas? Who's going to that one?

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues." - Abraham Lincoln

IP Logged

tbird1960
Senior Forum Member

He shoulda armed himself.

Reply #28 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:47am
Print Post  
My buddy and I have not missed but one show in 23 years and it is the best one I have ever been too. I did not realize so many people from this site go to the show. Will try to meet some of you in the spring. I am upstairs at 7B table 11.

NRA Patron, Whittington Center Founders Club, Life Member TSRA, Life Member HGCA Distinguished Rifleman Badge #783

IP Logged

watchthewind
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #29 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 3:59pm:
Better start wearing ASSRA t-shirts, caps and banners† Roll Eyes

Good thing we now have ASSRA T-Shirts for sale Smiley

ASSRA Member # 11408

arizonaschuetzenverein@gmail.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint