Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Oregon Gas (Read 1446 times)
J Louis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Oregon Gas
Reply #45 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Yep makes me sick to my stomach to just look at them and what they have and are continualy doing this Country along with the rest of that group. They are the ones who are in dire need of a neck up check up and should be shipped out of this country along with all their illegal friends whom they so cherish including Moon Beam Brown and how in the Hell he ever got elected is beyond me as his Dad was just as bad as he if not worse for those times. Guess my generation has remained to stoned on Pot to remember but now they and Moon Beam can all get stoned legally together and I would bet he has a big chunk of money invested in this new multi billion dollar business and a hell of a lot more votes gained for his party.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:25pm by J Louis »  

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #46 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Those jackasses are like a flock of buzzards. Never see one without the others circling behind them! All looking for a free meal they can pick  off our flesh.

Vall
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #47 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #48 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:46pm:

Jeeze Louise, those are exactly the sort of people who end up appointed to serve on urban oversite committees and commissions.

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #49 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
BP wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:49pm:

Jeeze Louise, those are exactly the sort of people who end up appointed to serve on urban oversite committees and commissions.

They are dominate  in government agencies here.  It took 7 years for King County to send out someone who understood water runs downhill after they redesigned the road and flooded our driveway.  They had to fix it eventually.  They washed 400 cubic yards off the back of my neighbor's lot.  If it had kept going it would have eventually gotten to the road and washed it out too.  That would have eliminated the need for the road as we would then be on a dead end.  Traffic could reroute to the great circle route and go around  Roll Eyes

BTW, the great circle route works well.  The road around the corner washed out when they finally diverted a major portion of the run off without considering where it would go and what it would most likely do  Cheesy

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #50 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:43pm:
BP wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:49pm:

They are dominate  in government agencies here.  It took 7 years for King County to send out someone who understood water runs downhill after they redesigned the road and flooded our driveway.  They had to fix it eventually.  They washed 400 cubic yards off the back of my neighbor's lot.  If it had kept going it would have eventually gotten to the road and washed it out too.  That would have eliminated the need for the road as we would then be on a dead end.  Traffic could reroute to the great circle route and go around  Roll Eyes

BTW, the great circle route works well.  The road around the corner washed out when they finally diverted a major portion of the run off without considering where it would go and what it would most likely do  Cheesy

Makes me think of a big culvert they were required to install to aid in salmon passage.
Boat load of money spent scoping, designing, constructing, traffic control and disruptions, etc...    then that winter, the heavy rain caused the creek to cut itself a new drainage channel, and now that culvert sits high and dry.

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #51 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
BP wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:34pm:
Makes me think of a big culvert they were required to install to aid in salmon passage.
Boat load of money spent scoping, designing, constructing, traffic control and disruptions, etc...    then that winter, the heavy rain caused the creek to cut itself a new drainage channel, and now that culvert sits high and dry.

They did the same thing here but continue to build higher density and more pollution clogging the spawning beds and killing Puget Sound. The Indians are calling for a moratorium on construction to save the salmon, but they are too late, the salmon are toast! Orcas are dying off too. 

In Idaho this last year the returning salmon to spawn were only 200 or 300, down from  a few thousand in recent years. It will be ok, they can plant more potatoes.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

Emperor of the Noodleheads.

Reply #52 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
We have a museum.  A tater museum.  The freezer at the grocery store is full of frozen salmon. Liven perty high on the hog here in Idaho.

Joe.    Smiley

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #53 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Joe, Those frozen fish are probably farmed in Norway.  Undecided  Wonder if the tater museum has a spud picking belt.  They have a couple hooks on the sides to hold a gunny sack.  Then you stoop over dragging that sack between your legs picking spuds all day  Grin That makes just about every other nasty job you can think of look like fun  Huh  I tried it once and decided it was not my forte'.   Shocked

IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #54 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Oregon girl pumps her own;  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #55 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:28am:
Joe, Those frozen fish are probably farmed in Norway.  Undecided  Wonder if the tater museum has a spud picking belt.  They have a couple hooks on the sides to hold a gunny sack.  Then you stoop over dragging that sack between your legs picking spuds all day  Grin That makes just about every other nasty job you can think of look like fun  Huh  I tried it once and decided it was not my forte'.   Shocked

Patty says the ones they used had baskets on the front and you dump the baskets in a gunny sack.  I've not been to the Museum but Patty says her great grandpa invented the first tater pickin machine. The 1935 Caterpillar tractor they pulled it with is in her moms shop. Museum is in Blackfoot.

Patty is not bowlegged.

Joe.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #56 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
I thought those frozen salmon were fast froze right out of the Salmon River. Well, it is the Salmon river.  They eat real good. 

Joe.

IP Logged

JS47
Oldtimer

Member # 10889

Reply #57 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Schutzenbob wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 8:17pm:
Oregon girl pumps her own;  Roll Eyes

That should be illegal!!! The hell of it is, if you were to compliment her on her nice looking whatever she'd throw a sexual harassment charge at you. 

JS

"I'll be happy to contribute to the wolf recovery program, 180 grains at a time"  Unknown western rancher

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #58 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:10am
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:12pm:
Schuetzenmiester wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:28am:

Patty says the ones they used had baskets on the front and you dump the baskets in a gunny sack.  I've not been to the Museum but Patty says her great grandpa invented the first tater pickin machine. The 1935 Caterpillar tractor they pulled it with is in her moms shop. Museum is in Blackfoot.

Patty is not bowlegged.

Joe.

Her granddaddy inventing the tater picker saved her.  That was a good move, tater picking is tough work! Spud pickin ain't no easier  Shocked  Sure glad my dad didn't grow spuds!  He would have done it the hard way with a team of mules  Cry

Gonna have to change the name of the Salmon River if it doesn't have any salmon  Cry
Maybe they will call it Joe's River?

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #59 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 2:19am
Print Post  
I was kept plenty busy diggin' with a tater fork... glad I didn't have to wear a belt and drag a sack too.      Tongue

Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint