Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Having problems viewing Photobucket images? (Read 5246 times)
texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

Having problems viewing Photobucket images?
Feb 26th, 2018 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
I stole this from another forum.  It works great for both Chrome and Firefox.  I use both.
Wayne
==============

Seeing Past Photobucket Hotlink Block, like this:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Photobucket has chosen to show you this block image instead of the original image. However, unless the user deleted their photobucket account, every old photobucket image is still linked on this website (and every other place on the internet).

There are Free Add-Ons available for both Chrome and Firefox, which will let you choose to see the original photo instead of the "ransom block" image, throughout the Internet.

For Chrome:

for Firefox:

NOTE - for the above to work you must be using the Chrome browser to access the Chrome add-on link & add it.  The same applies to the Firefox add-on (must be using the Firefox browser to access the add-on link & to add it).

With this, you can see everyone's old photobucket images in context on every thread and every website.

Uploading the patch, you're not doing photobucket any favors, giving them any money, agreeing with them - all you're doing is restoring your old knowledge base to where it was before the photobucket ransom

If you want to remove the add-on later, go to Add-ons/Extensions and remove or disable it, or with Chrome, just right-click on your toolbar.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2018 at 8:49pm by texasmac »  

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: Having problems viewing Photobucket images?
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 9:56am
Print Post  
But it still wont work if you have an Ad Blocker on your computer, as I have. It asks me to turn off my ad blocker in able to view images, and I wont do so.

IP Logged

Redsetter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 11:50am
Print Post  
marlinguy wrote on Feb 27th, 2018 at 9:56am:
But it still wont work if you have an Ad Blocker on your computer, as I have.

Is this something different from a pop-up blocker?

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 11:55am
Print Post  
I'm not a computer guy, so can't answer that. I was having issues with some internet sites downloading advertising when I went to their sites. Was told by my computer guy to download a free copy of "Ad Blocker" and it would stop the issues.
It does create an issue where some sites recognize my computer having the Ad Blocker program, and wont let me view their site without disabling it. When that happens I simply don't need to see whatever they have and move on.
It doesn't stop pop up notices here that tell me I have a message, so guessing it's not a pop up blocker too.

IP Logged

John Boy
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA #10288 (Paid Feb
2021 - 2 Yrs)

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
The problem is Photobucket charges a monthly fee now when a person downloads an excessive amount of pictures for posts on forums & others sources.  The work around is for the owner of the Photobucket account to download their pictures to their computer.  Then to post a picture on a forum, post it as an attachment from their computer
Ad Blocker has nothing to do with the excessive number of pictures being distributed.  What it does do is block ads when the owner of the Photobucket logs into their account.  I use Firefox as my browser and have Adblock  Plus as an Add- On in Firefox. One can see what Extensions or Ad-On's is in their browser by clicking on Tools in the Task Bar > Add-Ones
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2018 at 12:19pm by John Boy »  

Regards
John
IP Logged

texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Guys,

The Add-Ons listed in the initial posting allows persons using Chrome of Firefox to view Photobucket photos in forum postings.

Without the appropriate Add-On you will get the Photobucket "3rd Party Hosting has been temporarily disabled" image/flag & cannot view the photos.
===================

Redsetter,
This has nothing to do with a popup blocker.  Apparently Marlinguy has a popup blocker that prevents him from viewing photos.

Wayne

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
sends every URL to (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (no https) which exposes the full URL of every single tab a user opens, even if the page was loaded over HTTPS.

Also injects an affiliate link onto Amazon:

if( url.match(/amazon\.[a-z]+\/gp\/product/) ){
var aUrl = new URL(url);

if( aUrl.searchParams.get('tag') && aUrl.searchParams.get('tag') !== 'pda0e-21' ){
aUrl.searchParams.set('tag','pda0e-21');
aUrl.searchParams.set('camp','3638');
aUrl.searchParams.set('creative','24630');

return {'redirectUrl': aUrl.href};

sneaky developer makes money if you shop on Amazon and exposes your browsing history to him also.
Aaron
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2018 at 4:39pm by Rebel »  

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint