Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) wickliffe (Read 1901 times)
hornet

Re: wickliffe
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Does anyone know how to adjust the trigger pull?

IP Logged

ledball
Oldtimer

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Turn your rifle upside-down ,look between the breechblock and the trigger, there is a small Allen head set screw, this is your trigger adjustment, itís close quarters so you will have to modify an Allen wrench to adjust the trigger.
PS there is a trigger stop built into the frame donít let it interfere with your trigger adjustment.  Ledball

IP Logged

hornet

Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Thanks ledball, I would appreciate any other information you could give me in regards to the rifle. Just purchased it and trying to learn as much as I can about it.

IP Logged

dibbler
Junior Forum Member

Reply #18 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
This is from the October 1978 American Rifleman, p.67, NRA test article on the Wickliffe '76 rifle:

"The trigger is adjustable for weight of pull by varying the sear  engagement with a vertical screw at the bottom of the hammer. Pull of the sample rifle was adjustable from 4 1/2 to 25 lbs.  Overtravel is adjusted by a screw in the rear tang behind the trigger."......
"Altogether, about 800 Wickliffe single-shot rifles have been produced since production began in 1976.".....
"The first 128 rifles had an inertia firing pin and no half-cock notch on the hammer.  In early rifles, the trigger adjustment screw was located at the rear of the hammer and the trigger overtravel screw in the lever forward of the trigger."

IP Logged

hornet

Reply #19 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
THANKS
  ANY INFORMATION WOULD HELP ITS A GOOD SHOOTER AND I ENJOY IT  1 GROUNDHOG AND COUNTING

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint