Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Offset Threads (Read 1556 times)
Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Offset Threads
Reply #75 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
I was wondering if one could use their regular extractor and an off center chamber by doing some tricky machine cuts.  Sounds like it has been done  Cheesy

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

John Taylor
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #76 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
The extractor will need to be lined up with the chamber.If the chamber is moved up or down with the offset threads the extractor will need to be changed or altered to match.

John Taylor   Machinist/gunsmith
IP Logged

Deadeye Bly
Oldtimer

Reply #77 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
If I recall correctly each barrel had its' own extractor activated by a simple lever similar to the Ballard 22 extractor. I'm sure the 22 barrel was an offset bore to use the same firing pin as the 45/70 barrel. I'm going on memory here and I'm on the back side of 70 so take it for what it's worth.

IP Logged

rgchristensen
Senior Forum Member

Reply #78 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Deadeye Bly wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:52pm:
If I recall correctly each barrel had its' own extractor activated by a simple lever similar to the Ballard 22 extractor. I'm sure the 22 barrel was an offset bore to use the same firing pin as the 45/70 barrel. I'm going on memory here and I'm on the back side of 70 so take it for what it's worth.

JOHN:
    That would certainly be the logical way to do it.   Kind of like the Hubalek extractors in the Ballards.   I am amazed that so many people took hold of this thread and beat it to death -- aren't you?
    Probably see you next week at SF&G BPCS.   Lots of lies to tell.  I am trying to get a German KESSLER to work for the schuetzen match week after.   Come and play with us!!  I'll try to remember to bring some flyers.  & the 25RF Stevens is shooting clover-leafs at 50 yd.

CHRIS
RGChristensen

IP Logged

J Louis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #79 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Chris not familiar with the Hubalek extractor set up do you happen to have a picture and a discreption or where it can found I would love to see and read about it.

JLouis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint