Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A More Complete Happy Story About Thailand (Read 144 times)
svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

A More Complete Happy Story About Thailand
Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Been following this in Scandinavian news. Here is coherent rendition in English.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

2018 Hurricane season
has started

Re: A More Complete Happy Story About Thailand
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
the best part of humanity,

Aaron

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

IP Logged

craigd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
svartkruttgris#369 wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:50pm:
Been following this in Scandinavian news. Here is coherent rendition in English....

gris, shouldn't we consider the tijuana times or kenyan enquirer? You seek your opinions in the most undiverse of places.

Where do you stand, keeping in mind he's got a military background. String the coach up by the short hairs and make him a scapegoat, or hero?

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
craigd wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
Been following this in Scandinavian news. Here is coherent rendition in English....

gris, shouldn't we consider the tijuana times or kenyan enquirer? You seek your opinions in the most undiverse of places.

Where do you stand, keeping in mind he's got a military background. String the coach up by the short hairs and make him a scapegoat, or hero?

As usual, you are totally bonkers.

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
svartkruttgris#369 wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
craigd wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:00pm:

As usual, you are totally bonkers.

Wow! An informal British word! The Queen's English is better than no English.    Smiley
Maybe next time, you'll actually be able to answer Craig's question.

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

J Louis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
I just read the pulling off the impossible part and it was more than enough for me. If impossible it could not have been accomplished so maybe they should have stated it as being a real miraculous event.

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Major kudos to the rescue divers for succeeding in the rescue while doing an extremely dangerous job, and my condolences to the family of the diver who perished while laying the tanks to help the rescue succeed.

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Premod70
Senior Forum Member

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
I don't know if it has been reported here or not but the one fellow that died ran out of oxygen in his swim back to the outside. He had swam to the cave and due to the low oxygen levels opened the valve to his tank to give the stranded some more air, by doing so he sacrificed his life. A mistake, yes, but a very special person none the less.

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
One "miraculous" timing that has not been emphasized enough is that Thailand is a major attraction for dedicated divers, with start of "season" being "now". This accounts for the many skilled and experienced international cave divers already in Thailand -- people that played some large roles in early days.

Perhaps most decisive early role was played by a Brit living in Thailand and that had already mapped in detail that cave complex when it was dry. His information was used by another  British expert cave diver to lay a long guide rope from entrance to deep into the cave, traversing the "best" route, thus keeping divers from getting lost in the many dead ends that depart from this "best" route. At end of laying that guide rope he surfaced and found himself face-to-face with the lost group -- talk about luck!! -- and value of a good map.

One of the most decisive roles played by Thais was pumping water out of the cave complex and diverting rain water that would have flowed into the cave. That reduced the distance that had to be traversed underwater, speeding divers access to the boys and reducing time required to get them out. That was a feat in its own right!

With all the fast moving blogs and direct reporting I had access to, it was a gripping couple of days, heightened even more because it was such an ongoing success story.

IP Logged

craigd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
svartkruttgris#369 wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:03pm:
....With all the fast moving blogs and direct reporting I had access to, it was a gripping couple of days, heightened even more because it was such an ongoing success story.

No doubt, it's a success story.

And I'm bonkers? Do you read the same gripping blogs that threaten the sky is falling every time your President and Commander in Chief creates, enforces and shows results for policy that does nothing but benefit you? Ask joeb, by far Thailand's most important contribution to dems is the substitution of 'ph' for the 'ef' when describing your President. Most complete and gripping, eh?

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:05am
Print Post  
[quote author=3136373C26520 link=1531266629/9#9 date=1531310327
And I'm bonkers? Do you read the same gripping blogs that threaten the sky is falling every time your President and Commander in Chief creates, enforces and shows results for policy that does nothing but benefit you? Ask joeb, by far Thailand's most important contribution to dems is the substitution of 'ph' for the 'ef' when describing your President. Most complete and gripping, eh?
[/quote]

Glad you seem to understand "bonkers". Too bad you still cannot write coherent American English. Or understand it either. Or many you just plain do not understand country you live in. Maybe "bonkers" is better description of you than I thought.

IP Logged

craigd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
svartkruttgris#369 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:05am:
....Or many you just plain do not understand country you live in....

gris, mi ingrish no not is so gud, but I try try each and every day to understand my country. Each and every day, all I know of you is that you want to understand sweden, and china, and scandinavia, and mexico, and ?

The good ole US of A, try it you'll like it! Just kidding, you'll never understand it. Hey, did you catch the reruns of that sitcom on the blogs today, nato. Starring that cozy couple, pu'in-n-merkle?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint