Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unertl Scope eye relief and mount spacing (Read 513 times)
slford310

Unertl Scope eye relief and mount spacing
Aug 6th, 2018 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
I have a old (1938) Winchester Model 52 with a bull barrel.  On top there is a (Just as old 4 dig Ser #) Unertl 10 power 1 1/4 target scope.  The mounts are set at 7.2" on center.  The issue I'm having is I have to stretch my neck to get close enough to get proper eye relief to see through the scope.  Not able to get comfortable to shoot this very accurate rig.  I saw that a 5.4" center to center measurement can be used for the mounts.  Can anyone suggest anything else (Shorten my stock maybe?)  to make this a better set up?  I'm beginning to think moving the front block back is my only real option.

IP Logged

Premod70
Senior Forum Member

Re: Unertl Scope eye relief and mount spacing
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Do you have the stop ring adjusted all the way forward, sometimes the obvious is not so easy to see Smiley

IP Logged

slford310

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Yes, It is all the way forward

IP Logged

Premod70
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Can't say with certainty but years ago I saw or think I saw a Unertl mounted to the rear bridge and a redrill to the barrel thus moving the scope back. To shorten the distance between the two mounts would be my last resort,  the risk of alignment errors would be too great for precision shooting. A thought might be a trade to a Lyman STS, seems like it may adjust back further than a Unertl, worth a looksee.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2018 at 5:30pm by Premod70 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint