Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Fire foarming brass (Read 1182 times)
Ranch13

Re: Fire foarming brass
Reply #15 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 9:19am
Print Post  
silver wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 10:34am:
Looked for info here could not find any in relation.
I want to fire form 60 pcs. Of 40-65 cases . I have some 4198 ,
How many grains would be recommended? And I've heard of corn meal on top . Any kind of wad on top of corn meal?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

Just load a normal load and get busy. Be sure to chamfer the inside of the case mouths, and it doesn't hurt to check and make sure the case mouths are "square" before that first round, and that all cases are the same length.

IP Logged

Reverend Al

Reply #16 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
I tend to leave the parent cases slightly over-length and then trim them to the final correct length after fire-forming which squares up the case mouths in the process.  I've found most parent cases form a bit cock-eyed at the mouth on initial forming.

IP Logged

Reverend Al

Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
GT wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 11:49pm:
Here's another story, but I got a wild hair and cast some glue bullets to disperse some vermin, hopefully I'll have some time and start a post about it.   Wink 
Greg

There are quite a few posts on the "Cast Boolits" site about casting and shooting hot glue bullets for indoor practice and use on small vermin.  On there hot glue bullets have been dubbed "Gloobits" ...

Smiley

IP Logged

silver
Junior Forum Member

Reply #18 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I've also found that most case moths are never square. Yet the ship them at the proper length. Got the job done with 10grains of clays powder and filled with cornmeal with a wad. Only had to expand them a couple thousands to slip fit bullet. Once cases are fired I can slip fit , new cases to small and my expander is only .409 and bullets are .410. Apreciate all the feed back. By the way the whole hot glue thing is kind or interesting  Roll Eyes

Thanks doug

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint