Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unknown PM's (Read 384 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Unknown PM's
Jan 9th, 2019 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Someone is sending me annoying PM's for reasons unknown to me Is there some way I can get this stopped from taking place and if so could you please advise me how to go about it.

<Modified by Josh Borton to remove specific names>
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2019 at 4:59pm by Josh Borton »  

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Re: Unknown PM's
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
I am sorry you are having issues with some forum members.

You can add those members to an ignore list by doing the following. Once ignored you will no longer see private messages from these users.

From your PM inbox, you will see an area that says " Messages Profile Posts' Click on the word Profile, then click on PM Preferences. The forum will ask for your password to make sure you are making the changes and nobody else.  once the PM Preferences page comes up, click on the link under the box that says "Click here to select or add users to the ignore list". You can then search for the username(s) of the user(s) who are bothering you and add the to the ignore list. Dont forget to click on Save Changes on the PM Preferences page when you are done.

An alternate option, especially if the messages are threatening bodily harm, or other equally egregious violation of the forum rules, would be to forward the message(s) in question to a forum Moderator or Admin with an explanation of the harassment. The Moderators or Admin can then have the user banned from the forum completely due to rules violations if they keep doing it after being warned.

Current Moderators are:
MI-Shooter
Jim_Borton

Forum Admin
Josh Borton (me)

If you are having trouble forwarding the messages or would prefer to message outside the forum, you can always email me at webmaster@assra.com and I can look at the message details on the server.

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Re: Unknown PM's
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
This Topic was moved here from Forum Help [move by] Josh Borton.

<Thread has been edited to remove arguments and identifying names, and leaving just useful information for future users with similar problems.>

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint