Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Up-coming Columbia Schuetzenverein event (Read 155 times)
rgchristensen
Oldtimer

Up-coming Columbia Schuetzenverein event
Mar 26th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
SHOOTERS:
      Dates for our APRIL shoot are FRI-SAT-SUN April 26-27-28.  There are events for 22RF, Schuetzen CF, and Big-Bore rifles.   22's at 100 yd, the rest at 200 yd.  Classic ASSRA matches both bench and OH, some novelty targets, and whatever side matches you want to get together.   Since we are near Easter,  there will probably be an Easter-Bunny Match which was popular last year.
     Entry fees are $15/day plus $1/target.  Medal prizes.  Free lunch and beverages.  A special attraction is a 2-volume set of Warren Greatbatch's books on the Hartford Pope rifles, donated by Tom Rowe.   If you have seen some of the books Mr. Rowe has published, you will appreciate the quality of these.  They will be awarded by lot to some lucky shooter!
     We shoot on the range of the Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club, an idyllic spot on the banks of the Monocacy river, north of Frederick MD.   Club website at <tcandsc.org> has an activity calendar and driving directions.  We open fire at 9 AM each day, but the matches are not squadded; i.e., you can fire any event on any relay any day.  RSVP's are appreciated for planning purposes, but not required.

IP Logged

JägerWilhelm
Junior Forum Member

Re: Up-coming Columbia Schuetzenverein event
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 11:31am
Print Post  
We also have side matches such as "German rifle" (Swiss, Austrian, and German Feuerstutzen) and military rifle.

Even though I have been a competitive shooter (other disciplines) for more than 40 years, when I stopped by this match more than 3 years ago, my interest in owning and shooting single action rifles was ignited. The matches are great fun with great folks, and done in a very pleasant informal manner. It is the "best game in town" and I do everything I can to attend.

Getting more folks to attend would benefit the entire single action rifle hobby, as it provides novices (like myself) the opportunity to experience and learn from much more skilled folks.

Gruß,
Willi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint