Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Clerke High Wall Action (Read 1600 times)
Reg

Re: Clerke High Wall Action
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Got my hands on a factory rifle over the weekend and started comparing measurements.  In almost every case the action I have is the same as a factory.  Length thickness etc.
Now it shows hand work inside and out even though a lot of it was machine done.
I am starting to wonder if this isnt a Story casting kit that someone got off to a good start with then lost interest or whatever along the way and I didn't get all the parts.
I have located the last few parts that were missing and it still needs final fitting but it is functioning.
If someone has a recommendation for someone to color case the receiver, breech block and lever I can see this one coming to a conclusion.

IP Logged

Elalto
Junior Forum Member

Reply #16 - Apr 30th, 2019 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Hi All,

All this talk regarding the Clerke rifles has me curious as to the current value or price of a perfect condition Clerke rifle?

How many can there be?

Thanks,
Marcos (elalto)

IP Logged

frnkeore
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Apr 30th, 2019 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
They are under-appreciated rifles but, in my opinion, the strongest of SS's.

I bought my action and butt stock (pictured in the link on page one) for $350 but, I bought the other one in 1985, for $600, as a complete, target grade rifle.

Name recognition has a lot to do with price. It was more recognized in 1985 in SoCal. Today, not many have heard of them.

As a hammered target rifle, I would say they are the best and the safest! That has it's own value.

JMO,

Frank

ASSRA Member #696, ISSA Member #339
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint