Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 25-35 Good or Bad idea? (Read 1413 times)
Remington40x

Re: 25-35 Good or Bad idea?
Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2019 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I got the 141 I have now relatively inexpensively because it was chambered for .32 Remington and the dealer told me "They don't make them no more."  It came with an original tang mounted peep sight, which was worth about a third of the total price of the rifle.  A set of dies, a bunch of .30 Remington cases, a couple of boxes of 170 grain jacketed bullets for a .32 Winchester and I was in business.

I do wish that I could talk one of my buddies out of the .35 Remington Model 141 he was given by a now-deceased older guy who used to hunt with us.  Where we hunt in upstate PA, 100 yards is a very long shot and that rifle would be perfect.  He doesn't even bring it up as a backup, so it sits in his vault and probably hasn't seen the light of day in 20 years.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

ireload2

Reply #16 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
You might reread what I wrote.
I said form the .25 Rem brass with .30-30 brass and I mean exactly that.
The result is a .25 Rem with a rim. Yes dies are a bit harder to find but that is hardly an impediment when the .25 Rem is easier to form without defects.

ww wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 8:29am:
The 25 Remington is a rimless cartridge develloped in 1906 for the modle 8 auto and 14 pump. 30-30 Brass needs to have the rim removed and the extractor gruve cut. And dies are pricy. I'd stick with the 25-35WCF as Hornaday is making brass for it.
In order 25-20WCF,  25-35WCF,  25-36Marlin, and 25 Remington.
[img][tr][img]

IP Logged

argie1891

Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2019 at 3:38am
Print Post  
I called Gale at cpa a month or so ago and am thinking of having them make me a barrel in 25-35 to go along with my 32-40. I am still planning on having them make me one but i got caught a bit with income tax and a slug of Washington state sales tax on a car i bought. Cant remember what twist barrels they had but i think i would like the slower one as fast twist has not shot well for me with cast bullets. I have a bolt action cz 527 300 black out with 1 in 7 and it flat is the worst shooting rifle I have ever owned. I sent on back to them and the replaced it with a second one and I have the same issue.  the only think I can think of is the twist rate or maybe the blackout just isnt a good shooting case.

if you need me i will be at the range

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - May 23rd, 2019 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Myself and a friend are currently working on a pair of 25-35's and our barrel blanks have been ordered and will soon be on their way. The custom reamer is still 10 to 12 weeks out so it will still be sometime before we both have something very positive to share. They will both be used for breech-seating benchrest competition and our expectations are extremely high. I have had such great success with my 28-35 that he now owns and is now also experiencing the same. After a brief conversation at our ISSA regional earlier this month it has prompted us both to except the same out of our 25-35's. It was something I have been thinking about for now we'll over a year and when he said I want one too in that conversation we are now both well on our way. The barrels will be identical but the actions different and something he wanted to do for comparison sake mine a CPA. Currently the plain is to use the same bullet the Mos 120 gr. Spitzer so we can work together once we start our load development. It will give us a good opportunity to share and to compare the different things we might be trying while we will both be working on making each extremely competitive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint