Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Converting Uberti High Wall to rim fire (Read 1117 times)
MartiniBelgian
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Converting Uberti High Wall to rim fire
Reply #15 - May 2nd, 2019 at 11:57am
Print Post  
yes, but the original question didn't state anything about the rifle conformity to .22 bpcr being a requirement.

IP Logged

texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - May 2nd, 2019 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
MartiniBelgian wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 11:57am:
yes, but the original question didn't state anything about the rifle conformity to .22 bpcr being a requirement.

MartiniBelgian,

Thanks for your earlier suggestion.  Although not stated in the original question, compliance to .22BPCRA rules is a requirement in this case. 

Wayne

IP Logged

texasmac
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - May 2nd, 2019 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
So, based on some of the excellent comments in this thread and a separate PM from a forum member, my shooting friend has placed an order for the necessary conversion parts (block bearing, extractor, firing pin) with Taylor's & Company and is also ordering a Green Mountain barrel.

The rifle, new parts & new barrel will then be shipped to a gunsmith to complete the work including installing, finishing & bluing the barrel, crowning, cutting front sight dovetail and cambering using a full match reamer.

Thanks to all those responding. 

Wayne

IP Logged

beltfed
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - May 8th, 2019 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Pardon me, but "Damn" the Hammer requirement for
22 bpcr. The martini action was one of the Historical late 1800s innovations. Same applies to the hammer requirement for BPCRSillywet.l
Given that, I Love Hi and lo Walls
but in 22 long range gong matches I started with a  Martini 12/15 club rifle circa 1905 or so, and then "graduated" lately to a MKII for gongs and for 22 rimfire Schuetzen
beltfed/arnie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint