Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) COLORADO COLLECTORS SHOW (Read 2494 times)
rodneys
Senior Forum Member

COLORADO COLLECTORS SHOW
May 1st, 2019 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Just seeing who is going off the forum here. I have a table, my friend Joe Thurman is coming with me and I know Greg is planning on being there. There was some talk about a get to gather at some ones house . Is that still possible? Look forward to to show it has been to long since I have been there.

IP Logged

Flatlander
Senior Forum Member

Re: COLORADO COLLECTORS SHOW
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2019 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
I'll be there on Saturday as a tourist. Hope to see you then.
Flatlander
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2019 at 3:46pm by Flatlander »  

NRA Life
ASSRA Member 3197
Charcoal Burner

IP Logged

ssrifles
Junior Forum Member

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2019 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
i'll be there with 4 tables of single shots and a lot of other goodies to go along with them,stop by and say howdy.    tony <><

IP Logged

Chuckster
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2019 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Rodney, you are ahead of me.
Planning a get together for Forum members, friends and family at my place on Friday evening, May 17th. Located about 20 miles south of the Show.
Nothing fancy, burgers and brats in the back yard. Maybe, a beer
Start about 6:00 PM, Food about 6:30.
There will be a couple of “Show and Tell” tables, so if you have something interesting, bring it.

If you will E-mail or PM me with an approximate head count, I will reply with an address and directions to get to my place.
Looking forward to meeting many of you.
Chuck

IP Logged

rodneys
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2019 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
I pm Ed for directions. I think this will be fun. I will bring some show and tell.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #5 - May 1st, 2019 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
We were at Chuck's last year, and he and his wife put on a great dinner! Of course the real treat was Chuck and his wife's show and tell!
I try not to miss Denver, and we'll have the same 3 tables we always have in the middle of row M. Just to the right of the restrooms in back of main entrance hall.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

bluesman
Junior Forum Member

Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2019 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
I'm living in Centennial, south of Denver , would love to meet up with you folks and get to know you, this will be my first time at the big show and i'm already about to have a heart attack just thinking about it!

Paul

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #7 - May 2nd, 2019 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
I'll be there Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.

IP Logged

oodmoff

Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2019 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
I'll be there thurs-sunday, I will have a table, but not sure where yet...going to try Raton the week before...
anyone else doubling up..?

IP Logged

TDW
Junior Forum Member

Reply #9 - May 3rd, 2019 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
This will be my first Colorado Collecters Show, and I'm pretty jacked!! I have heard about this show for 40+ years and can't believe I'm finally getting to go!!!  My brother invited me to go with him, and a Mauser collector buddy. I will be bringing a few single shot items for trading stock, so it should be a great time! I believe we will be there Friday and Saturday.  Cheesy

"The farther North you go, the more things you will run into that will eat your horse."
S.P. Garbe, Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness, 1980

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #10 - May 3rd, 2019 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
TDW wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 4:07pm:
This will be my first Colorado Collecters Show, and I'm pretty jacked!! I have heard about this show for 40+ years and can't believe I'm finally getting to go!!!  My brother invited me to go with him, and a Mauser collector buddy. I will be bringing a few single shot items for trading stock, so it should be a great time! I believe we will be there Friday and Saturday.  Cheesy

Need to either pay the early entry $75 fee for Friday, or be a member to get in at noon Friday. Since it's your first one, wasn't sure if you knew this.
Sat-Sun is open to everyone.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

oodmoff

Reply #11 - May 3rd, 2019 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
TDW wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 4:07pm:

All I can tell you is wear comfortable shoes and throw a CLIF bar (or whatever brand) in your pocket or something to chew on if your not going to take advantage of the venders food.  At some point you likely have to break down and get something to drink.    Its not the size of the show that gets you (albeit 1100 tables) its the QUALITY of the show on top of the lack of potpourri and stun gun cracking..and in addition to the items for sale the quality of the various exhibits are always top notch!...and of course your going to have to circle back thru it a few times as things disappear and other things climb up from under the table on to it... 

There is a lot of knowledge under that rooftop much of which will never make the pages of a book, take advantage of asking as many questions as you can if you have a specific interest, with the exception of a few cranks many of the folks there are eager to pass it on.   heck i'm just rambling on....but that's how excited I get... and I've been attending for 15 or yrs or so.....(just a young pup)
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2019 at 7:39pm by oodmoff »  

IP Logged

SBertram
Junior Forum Member

Reply #12 - May 4th, 2019 at 9:13am
Print Post  
I will have two tables, in the back room not too far from George Caswell usually. Not sure of the exact location as of yet. I usually have quite a few English Single Shot rifles and related items and my friend I will be sharing the location with has a large collection of single shot rifles. I do not know what he plans to bring to the show. Looking forward to meeting all of you and catching up with old friends. If you need a spot to rest your feet for a bit, please stop in. We usually have an extra chair or two and enjoy good conversation.
              Steve Bertram

IP Logged

TDW
Junior Forum Member

Reply #13 - May 4th, 2019 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks marlinguy! My brother says he has it covered (I didn't ask details).  Smiley Either way, I would consider $75 to be a fair trade for the early entry!!

oodmoff! "Hands in pockets, ears open, mouth shut" used to be my mantra when we would go to the old Great Western Gunshow in SoCal (40+ years ago). I can't wait to see the single shots, and the display tables!! I usually buy lunch at the shows to contribute, but the energy bars are a great idea!!
Tom Winters
Big Timber, MT

"The farther North you go, the more things you will run into that will eat your horse."
S.P. Garbe, Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness, 1980

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #14 - May 4th, 2019 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
The food is strictly a product of the venue. That said, the chili is good for lunch and the breakfast burritos in the morning;-) OK, I'll share this secret with the list. Just north of the far east end of the parking lot (on Washington Street next to the liquor store) is one of the best burrito shops in Denver. Most of the time they are not open on the weekends so get them for breakfast and/or lunch Friday.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2019 at 4:23pm by oneatatime »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint