Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) COLORADO COLLECTORS SHOW (Read 2908 times)
oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: COLORADO COLLECTORS SHOW
Reply #30 - May 20th, 2019 at 11:50am
Print Post  
I got to meet Steve, Ben, and Rodney and an old timer (who has had computer problems the past year in getting on) and, of course, had several conversations with Vall. Helping at a friend's tables I didn't get a chance to get around much.

IP Logged

oodmoff

Reply #31 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Great to get to meet several of you 

Had a wonderful time!

Special thanks to Chuckster and Susan for opening their home and cooking skills to all of us! (I can still hear the Union Pacific 'Big Boy' whistle in the background)

Chuck's bbq skills (especially in a light rain) are right up there...but his attention to detail on his rifle builds are over the top!   

Already look forward to next years show!
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2019 at 12:57pm by oodmoff »  

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2019 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
I can't begin to say enough thanks to Chuck and Susan for hosting a scruffy bunch like us at their home! The hospitality, food, and social event was over the top!
I got to meet some great folks at Chuck's place, both old and new! Nice to put faces to some names I've known for a long time finally.
Also got to meet and talk to a number of others from the ASSRA forum who stopped by our tables at the show to introduce themselves! It was truly a fun event because of those meet and greets at Chuck's and the show!
Just got done with a nonstop 1200 mile drive, so dead beat, and will post more after a catnap!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Ponderosa Paul
Junior Forum Member

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2019 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
I also had a great time at The  Chucksters . Thank you again Chuck and Susan. The rifles Chuck builds are quite the masterpieces . I enjoyed the bizarre actions that Rodneys showed us . Maybe some of you who where there could describe yourselves along with your ASSRA handle so I could put  a face to a name . Thanx ,Ponderosa Paul.

IP Logged

38-55Kidd
Junior Forum Member

Reply #34 - May 20th, 2019 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
I want to thank Chuck and Susan for opening their home up to us.  Great food, friends and stories.  There was talk of guns, trains and automobiles.  I am relativity new to collecting single shots and Schuetzen shooting and really enjoyed talking to everyone. I believe I was one of the few guys there without a machine shop and milling machine at home. A great evening! Thanks

Jon
Colorado Springs

IP Logged

GT
Oldtimer

Reply #35 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Chuck and Susan, again thanks for allowing us to join the festivities!  You are a very gracious host - my son and I enjoyed the evening very much.  Chuck, the Farrow-Deats is a superior rifle and I hope it is enough to inspire me to finish the Farrow's I have going.  Susan, your hobby and ambition dwarfs what I do, I am in awe, thank you for sharing that with us.

To all that attended, we enjoyed meeting with all of you and whether or not you have any machines or a machine shop, you share similar passions and interests - still bring forth information we all have an interest in, just from your experiences.   I look forward to future meetings and recommend all the folks that participate on this forum to consider this gathering in the future.  Smiley
Greg

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"If you don't know what leever A does, then leever B... you Dumb@$$"  G.C. Tryon

IP Logged

Chuckster
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #36 - May 21st, 2019 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the kind words. Susan and I would like to thank all of you for coming.
It was a pleasure to meet many of you and renew with others.
The Show and Tell was amazing: Paul’s Horr rifle and others, Rodney’s actions and casting process, Greg’s beautiful sights with very difficult machine work that he says are easy. May have missed others.
Vall to answer questions, Another Paul, who is a scope expert. This was stuff you will not see at the show and fascinating.

Oodmoff, Will enjoy the paper bag and note I did not offer to share, Thanks.

Thanks for making it a success and will try to do it again next year.
Chuck

IP Logged

Huvius
Junior Forum Member

Reply #37 - May 21st, 2019 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
oneatatime wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 11:50am:
I got to meet Steve, Ben, and Rodney and an old timer (who has had computer problems the past year in getting on) and, of course, had several conversations with Vall. Helping at a friend's tables I didn't get a chance to get around much.

It was great to meet some of you although I should have had a “Huvius” name tag on as oneatatime did.
I was sharing space with Steve Bertram so maybe met some of you without knowing it.

Even though I am a British/Irish/Scottish rifle nut I had to admire the Sharps Borchardt display.  What nice rifles!

IP Logged

rodneys
Senior Forum Member

Reply #38 - May 21st, 2019 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
It was very interesting to meet all the guys at Chuck and Susans. he is a very talented craftsman and she had a hobby ( the trains that just blew me away). they also were excellent hosts. It was great to get to put faces to the forum names. thank you again Chuck and Susan. hope we can do it again.
    this was the first time in 16 years since I had been at that show. it has grown some and for me was as good a show as I have ever been to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint