Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Appreciation Too (Read 635 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Appreciation Too
May 17th, 2019 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
I just wanted to take the time to thank the ASSRA and ISSA for everything they do. Without their support I could not imagine how I would have been able to enjoy the twenty three years of enjoyment I have been able to spend with my own single shot guns. Sometimes we tend to take things for granted and we don't take the time to show our appreciation to the board members who volunteer their time on our behalf. So thank you too all of those folks who at times are doing a seemingly thankless job. I truly appreciate all that you do that allows me to continue on enjoying what I could not do without all of your support.

IP Logged

don1885
Senior Forum Member

Re: Appreciation Too
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2019 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
I agree John, could not have said it better myself.

Nice Post.

Respectfully,
DP

Don
ASSRA #10637

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2019 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many who might feel the same as we do DP?

IP Logged

plumloco

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2019 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Hey Guys I agree with you! I have learned a lot on this forum. I also have  a few bad habit! which I Love!  The urge to buy more single shots!  I would like to follow with a thanks to everyone.   Plumloco

IP Logged

DWT1885
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
John, I also agree with you. I've learned so much on this forum and have made some great friends also.  Dale.

35th Security Police Squadron, Phan Rang AB, RVN, May 70-71.
All gave some, some gave all.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2019 at 10:46am
Print Post  
I have been extremely blessed to be able to meet, compete and make new friends from New York, South Dakota, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Washington State, Oregon, Nevada and all across California numerous times over the past twenty three years. Without ever having to leave home thanks to these two Organizations. Without their support this could have never been accomplished as it was also during my working years when traveling was simply never an option so I have allot to be thankful for.

IP Logged

Ray_H
Oldtimer

ASSRA # 10880

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2019 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
John,
I think you know how much this forum has meant to me. The friendships I've enjoyed over the past several years are a blessing.
I agree 100% with all positives you have shared on and about this forum. My sincere thanks to you and every member I have had the honor of meeting and knowing.
We are blessed to have each other.
Sincerely, Ray_H
PS - Don't forget to count NC & FL. You have covered them all, my friend!

In God We Trust

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"

Reply #7 - May 30th, 2019 at 10:55am
Print Post  
I would add my thanks to those expressed above, but would also urge everyone to take responsibility for seeing that our sport continues.  At the very least we should all try to recruit new shooters to our sport and encourage local participation whenever possible.  Not everyone has the time and resources to travel to Warsaw, Indiana for our national events, but if there were more opportunities to shoot our strange guns nearer to home, we could enjoy shooting more often and expose others to our sport as well. You might also consider organizing a local match of your own if you have access to a suitable range... as short as a 100 yd range outdoors, or even an indoor range can work.  Think about it,

Froggie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint