Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Chinquapin SV Oktoberfest is On! (Read 456 times)
Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"

Chinquapin SV Oktoberfest is On!
Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Well schuetzen fans, it looks like the bionic frog leg has been successfully installed and help is on the way for preparing and repairing the BMC range for our event to be held on 18 and 19 October.  In addition to our all of our usual events we will experiment with the “new” ASSRA Benchrest Group Targets.  Also, on Saturday (the 19th) we will have a “revival” of the Bear Creek Gathering with shooting and general oohing and ahing with old pre-1900 type collectible guns of all types.

Camping as always is available as well as three or more motels nearby and reasonably priced. Lunch will be served both days for shooters and guests.  Remember, you must be present to attend!

Charlie (Green Frog) Shaeff
Schuetzenmeister, Chief Cook, & Bottle Washer

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Chinquapin SV Oktoberfest is On!
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Maybe I should explain further the “new T-11” target and the event it will bring.  It’s a six bull target shot with 22s at 100 yds.  We’ll make it an any sights event.  As explained to me by Jeff Schultz, the first bull is a sighter, then the other 5 each get 5 shots for group size.  The average of these five scores is the shooter’s event score.

We’ve got a pack of 100 of these in now so we can see how we like the game, since so many of our group have been gravitating toward 22 BR for score.   Bring your pet rimfire guns with lots of ammo!  Wink

Froggie

IP Logged

Ray_H
Oldtimer

ASSRA # 10880

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
I'm living to attend. Hope you are up and running on all cylinders. Thanks for being there.
Hope to see you early as discussed. Cheers!    Ray

In God We Trust

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

Mike Echo Oscar Whiskey

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
100 of the T-11 might not be enough.
I'm bringing tin, as usual; planning on both days.

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

moodyholler
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Yup

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Things are starting to fall into place.  Went to Brushy Mtn Club this afternoon and evening for the monthly meeting.  As last year, the Trap club will be having an event on Saturday, so we will share lunch with them.  This gives me free rein to do something cool for Friday's lunch!  Wink

As previously announced, we will have all of the targets/events available in the past shoots plus the new rimfire bench rest for group target recently added by ASSRA.  Also, on Saturday we will have a revival of the "Bear Creek Gathering" for those who like their shooting event with an extra heavy dash of socializing. (Who do we know like that??  Roll Eyes )

See you there!
Froggie

IP Logged

Flyrod

"Keep Your Powder Dry
and Shoot Straight"

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Hope to see you all, planning for both days.

IP Logged

Ray_H
Oldtimer

ASSRA # 10880

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
+1 !

In God We Trust

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2019 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Update;  the Bear Creek Bunch discovered they had a conflict... a muzzle loading shoot somewhere else, so they won't be joining us this time after all.  OTOH, it appears that we will have a good crowd of participants for schuetzen, so that's what counts.  It would be helpful if those of you who are planning to attend, especially the campers, would drop me a PM to help with planning.

I just got a call that the new batch of cardboard for target backers is in.  I'll be hauling that to the range this afternoon.  The plan is to replace all wood on the 200 yard frames and most if not all on the 100 yard frames.  Folks are coming Wed and Thurs to help with set up and other prep work, so I have high hopes of a great weekend.

Remember, you must be present to attend!

Froggie

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2019 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Well we lost a day today to rain.  Embarrassed  I had hoped we would get the bush hog work done today, but now we'll start that first thing in the morning while putting up the new wood for the target frames and trim cardboard for the backers.  Smiley

A couple of our "traveling" shooters are coming in early so they'll be ready to start first thing Friday... they have also said they want to help with prep work, so we should be good to go.  It's not too late for some of you to put your rifle and kit in your truck and come to Brushy Mountain!  Cool

Froggie

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #10 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 10:12am
Print Post  
We are here on a crisp October morning at beautiful Brushy Mountain Club. All 10 of our benches are occupied with shooters and the smell of gunpowder is in the air.  Yes Virginia, there is a Schützen-Fest!  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint