Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic July/August Journal (Read 1416 times)
Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"

July/August Journal
Jun 30th, 2020 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
The new journal arrived at my door today (or maybe yesterday and I didn’t see it??) and I want to compliment the editor and authors!  I especially enjoyed the first couple of articles with a good mix of history and “how-to” info, done in the traditional style we have all come to love in our Journal.  In fact I enjoyed it up all up to the time I became sad at the obituary pages where I joined in the feeling of loss for two of our long time members... we are truly diminished at their loss.  Once again, well done John and all who contributed.

With regard to a suggestion in your editorial John, perhaps another possible idea to help with the shortfall this year at Beeson’s Range might be to have either an auction or yard sale event.  I used to look forward to the Spring Auctions held 20 years or so ago to benefit the Journal, etc...  if each of us coming (yes, I’m hoping to finally make it back this year!) would bring a couple of items to contribute, with part or better yet all of the proceeds going to the general fund to help support Beeson’s, this would give us a chance to get rid of one or two things from the basement, pick up a new toy or two, and help the association. Win, win, win!

Here’s hoping I get to see a bunch of my old friends there in September, “Good Lord willing and the Creeks don’t rise.”

Froggie

IP Logged

Tom_Trevor assra life no.71
Oldtimer

Re: July/August Journal
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
TODAY!!  I have had my copy here on the left coast for TWO weeks.

IP Logged

Jeff_Schultz
ASSRA Board Member

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
  Just got mine 15 minutes ago and just skimmed it; looks like one of the best issues ever!

"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo

“Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”

― Anonymous Greek Proverb

IP Logged

Statesrights

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Well, I await the arrival of mine, but the comments here have piqued my interest.  Maybe tomorrow 😏.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint