Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Chinquapin Date Change (Read 1903 times)
RayH
Oldtimer

ASSRA # 10880

Re: Chinquapin Date Change
Reply #15 - Feb 19th, 2021 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I fully agree with Jim.
Each participant should be able to provide mid day eats for himself (or herself as the case may be).
The Green Frog seldom gets a chance to shoot. Let's give him some help - not added responsibilities.
I'll have extra Vienna Sausages, sardines and saltines if anyone is really starving!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
In GOD We Trust

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"

Reply #16 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 11:08am
Print Post  
OK, moodyholler has already mentioned bring a BBQ meal like he did in September... if StatesRights wants to bring brats to be cooked for the other day, I can arrange to bring my brother’s large grille to cook them.  I’m thinking the Porta-Potties and hand washing stations for the big event the following week may already be in place (and freshly cleaned) so we could picnic up at the range (or campsite #12 right beside the range) and no one would have to leave to do prep at the clubhouse.  We have electricity and water as needed at the campsite.  How does that sound?

Froggie

IP Logged

RayH
Oldtimer

ASSRA # 10880

Reply #17 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I'll stand by to help as best I can.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
In GOD We Trust

IP Logged

moodyholler
Senior Forum Member

Reply #18 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
If I can stay healthy I plan on helping out. mh

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
This is about the earliest and most extensively we’ve ever started discussing and making arrangements for a Chinquapin event in recent years. If we can keep up this enthusiasm (and the plague subsides) this could be a really great event.  As we get closer I would really appreciate confirmations from those who are serious about coming, including what matches you plan to shoot so I can make sure we are ready with targets as well as food.  We have 10 fixed shooting stations and can readily add two more temporary ones. 

Froggie

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Sure is refreshing to see such enthusiasm for a change!  We used to fill all fifteen benches at times and now down to four or five coming out to shoot our monthly matches.

Every Time You Try And Fail The Closer You Are To Achieving Success.

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

Mike Echo Oscar Whiskey

Reply #21 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 1:05pm:
Sure is refreshing to see such enthusiasm for a change!  We used to fill all fifteen benches at times and now down to four or five coming out to shoot our monthly matches.

John - you KNOW that you're invited!!  Wink

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Statesrights

Reply #22 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
As for the brats, I thought I was offering to provide them for the folks that show up to shoot as they had been suggested earlier. By no means did I intend to add more to the burden of the Green Frog.  No need for the grill. I will not add to the demands upon the Schuetzenmeister.  I’ll bring my own meal and, perhaps, something to share, but that will be on me.

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

Mike Echo Oscar Whiskey

Reply #23 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Statesrights wrote on Mar 1st, 2021 at 8:02pm:
As for the brats, I thought I was offering to provide them for the folks that show up to shoot as they had been suggested earlier. By no means did I intend to add more to the burden of the Green Frog.  No need for the grill. I will not add to the demands upon the Schuetzenmeister.  I’ll bring my own meal and, perhaps, something to share, but that will be on me.

Brats are easy - I'll bring 'em and a grill and provide the labor too.  Mustard made with white wine is noticeably best too!

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #24 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Cat_Whisperer wrote on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 8:55am:
Statesrights wrote on Mar 1st, 2021 at 8:02pm:

Brats are easy - I'll bring 'em and a grill and provide the labor too.  Mustard made with white wine is noticeably best too!

He says as he pulls up next to my Yugo in his Rolls Royce, rolls down the window and asks, “Pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon?”  “But of course” I say!  We’re probably taken up more bandwidth than we should, but I’ll just say it looks like both midday meals are pretty well settled, and we’ll be able to prepare and eat them picnic style in the camping area next to the range, weather permitting, so nobody loses a lot of range time in prep and cleanup.   

If Jim and Tim want to communicate directly they can get back to me with what they decide, and moody holler has said he will cover the other lunch.  If you guys want to communicate with me via e-mail as we get closer to June, we’ll firm up the details.  BTW, don’t worry about bringing a grille... my brother’s house is only about 10 miles from the club so It will be no effort for me to bring his if we picnic, and there is a big gas grille at the clubhouse if we decide to “eat in.” 

Things are shaping up nicely, but don’t forget, “You must be present to attend!”  Wink

Froggie

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #25 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
You good folks are making hungary and unfortunately you are on the opposite side of the country. I would love to be able hang out with all of you good folks and then do a bit of shooting as well.

Every Time You Try And Fail The Closer You Are To Achieving Success.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
JLouis wrote on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 12:48pm:
You good folks are making hungary and unfortunately you are on the opposite side of the country. I would love to be able hang out with all of you good folks and then do a bit of shooting as well. 

We can't make you into a whole country (Hungary) but maybe if we make you hungry enough and talk enough about fun shooting we can lure you over to the right side (or is it Right Side?) of the country.  As we Southerners used to say, "We'll leave the latch string out for you!" 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint