Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update* (Read 271 times)
Spokes

Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update*
May 11th, 2021 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
I just got home from a trip to the range with my brand new Pedersoli 1874 Sharps rifle that left me very disappointed. I experienced numerous misfires and while some rounds fired on the first strike, several required two or three strikes. I used factory ammo that I have previously used in my trapdoor rifle without a misfire so I am reasonably sure that it is not an ammo issue. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a a similar issue with a Pedersoli Sharps rifle.

**I contacted Pedersoli who put me in touch with Lee Shaver. I spoke with Lee and he talked me through a couple of diagnostics which resulted in him suggesting that I box up the lock and breech block and send them to him. He contacted me yesterday and said that the mainspring was the problem. Since it's a new gun the cost of the repair is on Pedersoli. Again, my thanks for your replies and to Lee Shaver for a quick turnaround.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update*
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2021 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Contacting the manufacturer was indeed the best approach to take. And happy to hear that it is now being taken of properly.

Every Time You Try And Fail The Closer You Are To Achieving Success.

IP Logged

Joe_S
Oldtimer

Re: Pedersoli 1874 Sharps issues *Update*
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2021 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
please call Lee Shaver I believe he is still the authorized Pedersoli rep and knows what he is doing
Joe S

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint