Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chinquapin Detour-Please Read! (Read 217 times)
Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"

Chinquapin Detour-Please Read!
May 28th, 2021 at 11:37am
Print Post  
I just got important news from the VA Dept of Transportation that will affect shooters coming to BMC from the North (Lynchburg) side on Rt 29. That little narrow bridge on Shula Dr is finally being rebuilt, so we will want to come in by the simplest detour I could find.

If you are traveling South on Rt 29, drive past Motley and Shula Dr and continue approx 2-3 miles. When you reach the community of Sycamore (the Marathon gas station and Sycamore Baptist Church will be on your right.)  Turn left on Sycamore road, cross the RR tracks and go a very short distance until you can bear left on Derby Rd.  This is now a well paved smooth road (no longer the gravel path we hated so long!)  In about 3 miles you will reach Isaac Walton Rd and take a right; then a quarter mile later and there’s Brushy Mtn Club on the right.

Those of you who have been coming in from the South may or not have been using Derby Rd because of its formerly poor condition, but I can recommend this route to you now unless you still want to come in through Gretna.  Hotel accommodations are still available in Altavista and Gretna and the route to the club through Altavista will still be open. 

I just knew things were going too smoothly here, but if is the biggest challenge we have to overcome this time I will feel blessed!

Looking forward to the 18th of June!!
Froggie

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Chinquapin Detour-Please Read!
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 9:25am
Print Post  
All of the “normal” routes to the club are open except through Shula Dr.  From Rt 29 it’s quick to come int through Sycamore to Derby or to just stay on Sycamore all the way to Izaak Walton.  You can also come in the “back way” from downtown Altavista. 

It looks like we will have a pretty good crowd for both days, lunch is arranged for both days, the grass is mowed and targets are ready.  Hope to see you there.

Froggie

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Chinquapin Detour-Please Read!
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
The range at BMC is all set for tomorrow and Saturday.  It’s as nice as it’s ever been. Ray H and John B got there early and final preparations were smooth and quick.  I’ve had a couple of shooters send regrets, so there should be a bench or two available if anyone has been wondering.  Not only is Tim the Tin Man bringing his usual stock in trade, but he also is bringing Brats to grill for lunch.
As always, you must be present to attend!
Froggie (Him What’s In Charge)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint